Saturday, December 19, 2009

AVATAR




Not at all paying attention to the release date or anything, on a whim last night I went to see this movie at a Krikorian theater. I'd been wanting to check the local one out. I also chose to try out the 3D version because that was the only show left at 11pm. Normally, I can't handle the 3D:( I get a headache.

I left that theater blown away, inspired, and with no headache! BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL!!! In addition to watching many nature videos, I have been taking walks and just been blown away by all the amazing, diverse shapes, colors, textures, smells, and sounds of God's artwork! And I'm just in a small city!! I've been collecting leaves and flowers of all kinds of colors and have a bunch of ideas that have been floating in my head for a series I want to do inspired by the plants I've collected and by God's amazing, creative, perfect, functional work on this planet.

Well, what I saw in the theater last night was God's influence on man's creativity. EVERY SINGLE BEAUTIFUL THING that was in that forest was CLEARLY inspired by God's work that man has been studying in nature since the beginning! And what's even more amazing is that man-the pinnacle of His artwork-is HIS WORK responding to HIS WORK!!! With the brain, eyes, hands, 'skill and invention' that HE GAVE US, we have been able-when we're not foolishly using our gifts to corrupt ourselves-to create beautiful and moving artwork that gives more and more glory to Him!!! What a PERFECT setup!

One last point-The movie was indeed a wonderful feast to the eyes, and a great experience of a ride. And, if silly little man is doing this here on Earth, just imagine what "art" God has been doing since the creation. Imagine what glorious and beautiful feasts He has in store for those who make it up to His studio! Why that's reason enough for ANY ARTIST and lover of beauty to do their best to get in to see that show! Of course, this is not THE reason. But, it's a reason.

Glory to the Originator or art!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment