Monday, February 1, 2010

Natalie d'Arbeloff - Designing with Natural Forms



Picked this book up the other day. It ended up being a GREAT pick up on a topic I am VERY MUCH into - Making nature and the patterns, forms, textures and colors you find in God's creative output part of your own creative process and output. Todd Henry (www.AccidentalCreative.com - Great podcasts!) talks a lot about making sure creatives take the time to replenish their creative juices and schedule in time to get inspired, influenced, and regenerated by those things that keep our juices flowing. Well, for me, and I'm sure a lot of other creatives, nature is one, if not THEE main thing that inspires and motivates me. This book by Natalie d'Arbeloff is a great example of one creative's approach to making nature part of her work.

After reading only the first page, I knew I had made a good buy. I will probably post a few quotes and thoughts later on. For now. I just wanted to share the title with others out there.

- Want

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, Todd. I'm the artist/author of "Designing with Natural Forms" and am glad you found a copy of this book since it's been out of print for some time. I hope it keeps you ecited and inspired by nature.
    best wishes,
    Natalie d'Arbeloff
    www.nataliedarbeloff.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, soory for the typo! I meant excited, of course.

    ReplyDelete